In 2019 we committed to strictly follow the Organic Standard Ltd guidelines for organic soils and organic fertilizers for all fertilizers prodused by Bio-Field. Every ingredient and process used to produce our organic fertilizers in every facility, is reviewed to verify compliance with stringent organic standards.
Organic Standard Ltd is the first Ukrainian national certification body that provides services in inspection and certification of organic production. It was founded in frame of Swiss-Ukrainian project “Organic Certification and Market Development in Ukraine” in 2007.
Why use Organic Fertilizer?
- Being environmentally conscious. By using organic granular fertilizers and organic liquid fertilizers you can rest assured that your lawn and garden is safe for the environment, your family and your pets.
- Organic fertilizers are made of natural soil, plant and animal based ingredients. You don’t have to worry about pumping your garden or landscape full of chemicals. Over time, chemicals deplete the soil of its nutrients, making it barren and unproductive. This creates an endless cycle of needing to put more chemicals into your soils and plants to replace the nutrients the chemicals wiped out in the first place. This abundance of chemicals in our gardens and landscapes eventually builds up and is washed away into our waterways creating unhealthy environmental consequences.
- Organic fertilizers build microorganisms life in the soil, in waterways and in communities with all its products. Organic fertilizers feed the microorganisms which providing the plant with additional or missing nutrients they need to thrive. Unlike synthetic fertilizers that only feed the plant and kill the soil microorganisms, thus requiring more and more chemicals to achieve the same result, organic fertilizers strengthen the soil, giving the plant "vitamins" to support healthy, vibrant growth.
- Organic fertilizers feed at a slower, more paced approach than synthetic fertilizers. It means that both the soil and your plant are being supplied the nutrients they thrive on in a much gentler fashion, allowing both to feed and grow at the appropriate speed. Synthetic fertilizers speed up this process and in doing so typically overfeed your plants, and can result in "burning" plants.
- Granular organic fertilizers are not often in a form that can be quickly absorbed by your plant. Instead the soil must break it down in order to make it usable by the plant. This is a good thing as it means the fertilizer is not easily washed away in the rain, allowing the plant to feed for a longer period of time.
- Our organic fertilizers are simple and easy to apply and come in granular form as well as easy-to-use organic liquid fertilizers.